I Will Go Where You Want Me To Go

This is in connection to my last devotion about Tweeting the Gospel: Spread God's Word.

In this post, I'll bring the devotion a little deeper.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. [Matt. 16:24 (NIV)]

The verse above brings it to a more personal level. Yes, we are to spread the gospel. We are to tell the people the GOOD NEWS. I'm sure we are able to easily do this when nothing is at stake. We can easily obey when no compromise from our end is necessary or needed.

But here's the question:

Will you still Go and Make Disciples when you are asked to actually DENY yourself?

...when you're asked to say no to the usual stuff we have been so used to doing?

...when you're asked to let go of that cigarette stick and that bottle of beer?

...when you're asked to consider other's interest above your own?

...when you're asked to even resign from your Job and let go of something very important according to God's will?

...when you're asked to let go even your very own family?

Now that's the real story.

Christian life is not easy. It takes commitment and perseverance. It takes a 180 degrees turn from the usual life you've lived to the life God has given you to live. It takes you to forget even your own desires and wants to obey God's WILL!

Yes, it's radical. But just as Christ has carried the cross, we are to also carry the same cross in order for us to follow him.

How have you been following Jesus your Lord? Do you opt to follow HIM the easy way (own way), or the better way God had set for us to follow?

Here's a video from Hillsong United which will reinforce the topic at hand. I included the lyrics for better "absorption".

My prayer is for you to be blessed with it and for you to be challenged even more to obey Him in any and every way possible.

I WILL GO by Hillsong United Video, Lyrics



I have found myself in You, the purpose for my life
I discover who I am, as Your spirit touches mine
Every step I take, every move I make
You are by my side
And I will be strong, my strength is in you

I will go where You want me to go
I will do what You want me to do
Yes I will go where You want me to go
I will be who You want me to be

Anything for You
When You ask me I will go
You show the way before me
In Your word I find the truth
You lead me on this journey

Those who trust in you, ever praising You
Will find their strength renewd
I'm gonna make itm, make it happen

God Bless you More!

Published by Your Daily Word


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...