I Am A Goer, Are you?

Just recently two Missionary friends from Mindanao (the second largest Island of the Philippines) visited us here in Cebu. Their goal is to share some updates on what God has been doing in Mindanao and to possibly encourage others to respond to their calling!


Speaking of calling, I have learned after I finished a course of World Missions that there are at least 4 "calling" or "vocations" one can be called for. There are those who send (through finances) people to the field: they are the "SENDERS". There are those who mobilize and encourage people to pray and support the missionaries: they are the "MOBILIZERS". Third are the PRAYER Partners. And of course the GOERS, those who really go out there to the field.


I don't know about you but I have been denying that I can ever be a goer. No, that's not my calling. I'm sure of that. I believe I am a sender and I can even be a prayer partner as well. Those were my usual statements. Really...

But lately God rebuked me!
Choosing to be a sender was first of all WRONG. This calling is not something we choose but is something we respond to. It's not about us doing what we want but it's about God working through us. Being a sender and a prayer partner for me is the easiest way to go. My comfort zone and not really or shall I say not what exactly God had designed me to be.

Second, the WORD of the Lord says in the Book of Matthew

Matthew 28:19-20 (New King James Version)


19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

I mean, God didn't say those who have been called to be a goer, GO!

No! He said GO all of you who heard this and who's reading this and yes, including you.

I thought being a GOER takes for me to go to mountainous places and suburban areas and bring the Bible and share the gospel. God made me realize that I have been called to go in HIS special way according to his design for me. He called me to be a GOER to my family first, to my workplace, and to everywhere. And this actually just confirms God's word telling us to be a light, be a salt and be a blessing to the world.

Now, off you go! Go and share the gospel through your life, through your words and through your actions. And by the way, this calling maybe true for me but may not be true for you. You maybe called to Go as a cross-cultural missionary outside of your country or to another tribe or culture. If that's the case then so be it!

We need to just remember, it's not for us to choose but for Him to call.

You can listen to this song I have posted a while back and meditate on the lyrics:
I Will GO Where You Want Me To Go
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...