The Prayer of A Righteous Man Availeth Much

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16 (KJV)

Just after shift a while ago, I with my boss and co-workers visited a friend's mother who has been hospitalized. This friend of mine to give you an idea a very jolly person. A friend who is always able to make you smile and make things a little not too serious.

Honestly, I was expecting that same kind of person when we arrived at the hospital. But I was wrong. I found my friend crying and sobbing beside her ailing mother. Now that tells me how serious the situation was.

She then started telling us about her mother's condition. Her sickness really started with Diabetes and then became complicated. Complications that made her blood pressure and sodium in her body go up. I then learned that her mom haven't awaken since Saturday. She has also greatly lost weight from the last time (and the only time) I saw her.

We then started empathizing and comforting our friend with taps on the back, hugs and we even tried to crack some jokes to lighten the mood. I know this is a very difficult situation in her life.

Deep inside me, I really wanted to pray for her mother and my friend's family. But there's something that's stopping me from doing so. I'm not sure if it's shyness or fear of rejection or I don't know. But while we were there, there was a battle inside me whether to pray or to just shut up.

Praise the Lord! He won! I said it! I asked everyone if we can pray and WE DID!

Now this is the reason why the title of this post is "The Prayer of A Righteous Man Availeth Much". It is actually my declaration that my prayer for comfort, healing, hope and love from the Lord Jesus to the family be answered. It is my faith that my prayer be heard and be "effective" for God's glory! Not that I consider myself righteous because of me. Absolutely not! But that I consider myself righteous by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, my mediator to God!

With that faith, I know that my prayers have been heard and answers are already coming. But this is also a great opportunity for all of you my dear readers to pray with me for my friend's family and her mom for miraculous healing, financial provision and that their hearts be filled with God's love and comfort through HIS WORD! Remember that when two or more people agree, God shall open the windows of heaven.

Please take time to remember them in prayer. May God bless you always.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...