You Owe Somebody Your Love


Romans 1:13-14 (New King James Version) 13 Now I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that I often planned to come to you (but was hindered until now), that I might have some fruit among you also, just as among the other Gentiles. 14 I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise.

Romans 13:8 (New King James Version) Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.


We all know we've been commissioned by God to go and make disciples. We all know all of us are sent out to the ends of the world to tell them the good news about the Lord Jesus Christ! Are doing it?

Yesterday, I was asked by my pastor to lead "The Lord's Supper". It was just the second time ever that I did it. You guess how tense I was. Anyway, I still reflected on God's Word and asked for His guidance on what He wants to tell His church. And here's the revelation:

"It's not enough for us to just remember the Lord's death and sacrifice for all of us and be glad about it. If it was then Jesus could have just died and then that's it. But NO, he didn't just die. He resurrected and ascended to heaven leaving us a commission to do! We are to remember but also we need to GO and tell them what we know."


Based on the verses above (Rom. 1:13-14 and Rom. 13:8), Paul as the apostle to the gentiles didn't just obey this commission but went up a level higher. He chose to be indebted and obligated to bear fruit in Rome.

What do you feel when you owe somebody? If you were like me, I had a time that I can't help myself but worry where to get the money to pay. There was a time that I was panicky because I needed to pay the amount the soonest possible time. You may have different experiences but one thing is common: there is this obligation and responsibility to pay ASAP!

What do we learn from this?

Let's all feel this "force of obligation" to share the GOOD NEWS to other people. Actually these are not really OTHER people because they are our friends, workmates and family. If Romans were entrusted to Paul, the people around us had been entrusted to us as well. Let us not be contented in living our lives without giving these people the chance in hearing/receiving the greatest gift we have received through the Lord Jesus Christ. We owe them our LOVE for them.

A fulfilled life is measured not by the success in career, or to how many places you've been to, or to how many clothes/bags you've bought, but yo how many souls you have brought to God.

Let's all be challenged! Let's all be indebted to love and share what we know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...