Osama Bin Laden's Death: Should we rejoice?

When I heard about the news, I thought to myself well he DESERVES it and started to thank God for the victory.

It was when I was chatting with a friend that made me rethink things.

This friend asked, why would we as Christians rejoice for somebody's death?

And he's right.

Because even if how sinful a man can be, he's still a man God loves unconditionally, a man whom Jesus died for just like you and me.We can all say, well his SINS are greater compared to our petty ones. But the truth of the matter is, it's still sin and God detests it. Small or Big.

So the question is, should we rejoice or should we be sad?

Thank God, I found the answer from my favorite author's blog, Joshua Harris:

Justin Taylor helpfully states that "it's appropriate for Christians to intermingle grieving and gratitude. Grief for a life made in the image of God but so destructive of human life and so dishonoring to God. And gratitude for justice being served as an instrument of God's wrath."

Now that's the right perspective!

Just like what Jesus said "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Source: http://www.joshharris.com/2011/05/how_should_we_respond_to_osama.php
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...