Everything is Permissible but Not Everything is Beneficial

I don't know about you but when I graduated and landed on my very first job, I thought to myself; "I'M FREE!"

No, not because my mom who was providing my allowance was like enslaving me but it's just as if the WORLD is there waiting for you to be conquered!

You can now try just anything around you! Things that were No-no's when you were still a college student. Things that were for adults only...(Ooppsss...was I overly honest there?)

Anyway, I'm blessed because even before Jesus came God had already knew this would be coming. God already knew that this situation would be enticing. He then set a reminder! He gave a "shout-out" through the wisest man ever lived. Solomon.

King Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes

"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment." Ecc. 11:9 (NIV)

I'm sure everyone would love to just read the first part and omit the judgment part. BUT there's a but. We cannot picked verses in the Bible. If we choose to believe one thing, we would need to believe the attached accountability. Now, that's worth reiterating. A lot of us love to hear about promises and blessings but when it starts to be about "Go-ing" into the world, letting go of oneself, and sacrificing we can hardly obey and believe.

The Bible says "Be happy young man! Do whatever you like. But remember everything will be shed to light!"

God then reiterated this truth in the New Testament (coz people might forget) through the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Corinthians.

"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. 1 Cor. 10:23-24

Now that takes us a little deeper. God doesn't want us to just check on what we do whether it's beneficial or not but (there's the word again) at the same time check on what others would feel everytime we do something. To look not only for our own interests but also the interest of others.

So go ahead, ENJOY LIFE to the fullest after all this was HIS design from the beginning. Just make sure to ask this question:

What Would Jesus Do?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...