Be Humble | Let others Praise You

Proverbs 27:2 (New International Version)

2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
someone else, and not your own lips.

Reflection:

How many times did we try to praise ourselves before men? How many times did we struggle just to be noticed and appreciated or recognized? And most of the time it ends up the opposite.

We need recognition, rewards, praises and appreciation at times but it should never become our main reason and motivation for doing something. God blesses us when we obey His will but our motivation should never be the blessing but the desire to obey Him. Not after the Hand but after the Heart of God as others would usually say. Let's be excellent with what we're doing not because we have been recognized and appreciated but because we're working for the Lord and not for men [Eph. 6:7].

God wants to remind us through his Word,

Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. [Phil. 2:3]

Today, I'd take the opportunity of thanking my friends for Blog Awards they've given me. Let God be glorified with these awards. More of him and less of me.

by Kay of Christian Blog and Koko of Kokijar

Frienship Awardees:
Valerie of Simply4God
Tyrone of Provident 360
by Goody of A Friend Named Goody

The instructions say I would need to award these awards to other bloggers. For now let me hold off and choose the right ones to be recognized. I'll just be updating this post once I've already chosen. Again Thanks Kay, Koko and Goody! God Bless you more!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award. I Bless You in the Name of Jesus!!!

    Recent blog post: Healing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is always an encouragement to me. thank you.
    Kelly

    Recent blog post: Jesus and The Sugar Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip... really appreciate it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We NEED to be humble, because just as fast as something comes it can go or be taken. Do for doings sake not for reward.

    Recent blog post: Friend Or Follow - A Must Use Twitter Tool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael! I am so glad you came, visited and left comments. You are one of my inspirations and here you are leaving comments in my blog. thanks!

    Recent blog post: Be Humble | Let others Praise You

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks Mikes! Aside from giving our daily reflections, you also considered me as your friend! Thanks! :-D

    Recent blog post: Tropang Astig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award, I really appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a blessing! This could not have come at a better time to cheer me up. So many things happening in my life right now, but this let's me know that God is still in control. Thank you my friend so much! You have truly made my day. =-X =-X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work that you do for our Lord!

    Recent blog post: Answered Prayers | Shout ALL the more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy you liked it! God Bless you more!

    Recent blog post: Answered Prayers | Shout ALL the more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Deserve it Rey. Thanks for the friendship!

    Recent blog post: Forsaking all for Christ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...