God's Timing is Everything


Background: At work, an email came informing all Team Leads that there will be a Coach Swap this coming October. It means a Coach (which we call Team Lead in the Call Center) will be sent to the US (specifically to Reno, Nevada) to handle a team for one of the clients and in turn a coach from the client will work here in the Philippines. This is amazing and a great opportunity for me as all expenses will be shouldered by the company and the whole "swapping" thing will last for 6 weeks and it will be the first time for me to travel to the US. Just last week, it has been formally announced that it's my friend aL who have been chosen to go. Funny but he's called the "chosen one". ( don't know with my managers) lol!

What has this taught me?


Before that though, please know that I have prayed for this. I have asked my Pastor and the intercessory ministry, the whole church and my family to pray for it. I had an expectant heart. I had been declaring and claiming all the promises of the Lord for me as HIS child and apple of His eye. But still I wasn't chosen.

A lot of times, our prayers in the Lord aren't answered the way we want it to. This is so like the story of David. When Nathan had rebuked him for his sin against Uriah and Nathan prophesied:

Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, the son born to you will die." [2 Sam. 12:13-14]

And then the story continued...

15 After Nathan had gone home, the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and went into his house and spent the nights lying on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them. [2 Sam. 12:15-17]

And we all know the son still died.

Back to the question, "What has this situation taught me?"

God's Timing is Everything

- Here's what I am believing: I will still be sent to the US but not now. Maybe I will not be sent at all. It doesn't matter: I WILL STILL Trust in GOD. It maybe the greatest opportunity out there but GOD doesn't follow man's timelines, He has HIS own seasons and plans and there's no way we can dictate Him. Whether HE chose to send me or not, HE remains to be GOD. Nothing can change that fact and I WILL STILL WORSHIP HIM.

In the Bible, there are two GREEK WORDs that refer to TIME: "chronos" and "kairos". Chronos is the time that you expect to really happen (e.g. Summer or Payday on the 15th and 30th, I believe is not the Kairos time for me. And I trust in GOD even more.

Here's what David did after he learned of his son's death:
20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.[2 Sam. 12:20]

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's a clear show and demonstration of TRUST on God's Timing and "ALL-Knowing" nature. I trust HIM that God knows what he's doing.

How many times do we get disappointed with every prayer unanswered?

How many times did we get hurt when things weren't going the way we have "fervently" praying for?

Let's check again. Let's have the same TRUST and FAITH David had. Let's trust and believe that God's Timing "KAIROS" is all that matters. and Yes, He was neither too early nor late but just on time all the time!

Praise the Lord!

Published by Your Daily Word
Thanks to kswpgoodfriends.wordpress.com the photo.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...