Test of True Christianity

I've been reading through blog posts today and I'm blown away with how real the "TRUE CHRISTIANITY" in the lives of these people.


The first one I read from Joshua Harris site. It's a story about a missionary named Paton.


Here's the story:



[When Paton declared his intention to take the gospel to the New Hebrides islands] a Mr. Dickson exploded, "The cannibals! You will be eaten by cannibals!" The memory of Williams and Harris on Erromanga was only 19 years old.
But to this Paton responded:
Mr. Dickson, you are advanced in years now, and your own prospect is soon to be laid in the grave, there to be eaten by worms; I confess to you, that if I can but live and die serving and honoring the Lord Jesus, it will make no difference to me whether I am eaten by Cannibals or by worms; and in the Great Day my Resurrection body will rise as fair as yours in the likeness of our risen Redeemer.


This is the courage and zeal each one us must have! A courage that no circumstance, no situation or problem can pull us back and prevent us from fulfilling what God wants to do through us. A courage that believes that if God leads, God will surely provide.
The second one is from Dan Lacich of Provocative Christian Living. It's a story about the blogger's friend.


Here's an excerpt from his post:


On November 8, 2009 in South Asia, I and two other pastors from The Austin Stone, were robbed and attacked by a small gang of South Asian youth. Unexpectedly, one of these youth sliced my left cheek with a straight razor. The wound was 5 inches long and an inch deep. It spanned from about my left sideburn to the left corner of my mouth. Fortunately, the two other men with me were physically unharmed. We ran for safety in the middle of the city, pleaded with locals for help, and finally ended up in the emergency room at a local hospital where a doctor stitched up my face with three layers of stitches.


Even though he suffered these, here's what he has to say:



Our suffering in South Asia was a "gracious thing" inthe sight of God! It was a gift of grace! Listen to the profound message of 1 Peter 2:19-21: "For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps."


I don't want to waste a good moment of suffering. The legacy that I want to leave on this earth and to my family is a heap of stories of radical, simple devotion to Jesus! I am learning that the Calvary Road is not a path merely to endure; rather, the Calvary Roadis to be embraced with joy and hope! The Calvary Road is a "gracious" road! That straight razor may be the greatest blessing of the year for my family and I as it leads me one step further on the Calvary Road - the Road that my Lord embraced on his way to die for thugs like me and the South Asian man who knifed me.
Read the whole post here: http://www.austinstone.org/current/god_gospel_mission/lessons_from_a_razor/


Such an amazing MEN of GOD! Such are True Christians!
Let's all desire to be just like them! Same Zeal! Same Enthusiasm! Same faith!
Praise the Lord!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...