A Father to the Fatherless | Happy Father's Day

Cyndi, a friend from God Nuggets Blog wrote about what she felt when she gave her pet cat a pink bubble gum which is the medicine to heal her from sickness. She felt bad seeing her cat not liking the gum. I'd agree with her, have you ever seen a cat eating bubble gum? That must have been weird for the cat. But here's where I have been blessed with, even if it was painful for the cat and even for Cyndi, she needed to do it because it's for the better.

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:9-11

These are very words from the Lord Jesus Christ himself. And I'm sure he know what he's talking about because if there's anyone who knows the Father better than anybody else, it's Jesus because they are one! What a wonderful promise indeed! Good Gifts here are not necessarily good based on our understanding but good based on God. (Romans 8:28)

Indeed just like Cyndi, our Father God hurts when we go through trials and/or sufferings. Sometimes because of our own doing or even sometimes because they are necessary. (1 Peter 1:6) But at the end of it all, we are rest assured it's for the better. God loves us so much that He can only afford to give "good" things to us.


It's almost Father's Day and I'd like to take this opportunity to just Praise God the Father for HE IS A GOOD FATHER to us all! He loves us so much that he even gave up his only begotten son to die for us (John 3:16). He loves us so much that he won't allow anything or anyone to snatch us out from his hand (John 10:29).

My father died when I was 2nd Year High School. It was painful. Everytime I remember it, I always cry. Deep inside me, I constantly wish "What if, Papa is still here?". I'm sure he'll be proud of me and I'd promise I'll do everything to make him happy. I love him so much and I thank the Lord for giving me a father like him. He'd always be remembered.

But Praise the Lord still:

A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
Psalm 68:5

Even though I no longer have my father, I have the Father in heaven who loves me so much as well.
I also want to praise the Lord for my stepfather: Dad Fortunato Panuncialman who had been there and I believe would always be there for my mom. Thanks Dad for supporting us, for making us happy and for being there for our mama.

To all of you fathers, God Bless you. I praise the Lord for the gift of fathers. To all of you children, don't forget to kiss your father today. and to all of you especially those who are fatherless, our GOD is our FATHER! Praise be His name!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...